Tuesday 6 October 2015

The proud Father

Delhi to Bangalore journey - Rajdhani express
In a compartment with 2 policemen and 1 engineer
One policeman starts talking - brags about his heroics-criticises the government and his seniors- loads of wrath-I was texting- he grabs my phone and tells me "Stop recording"- I told him wasn't- Then on he started reversing his statements and utters praises about his seniors.
The other policeman - A little older and soft spoken- calls home- hands over the phone to me - asks me to converse in English with his young children - phone in speaker mode- As I was talking to his kids , there was an ecstasy on the man's face- one of a proud father brimming with joy hearing his kids talk fluently in English to a stranger- He spends a good amount of his salary to send his kids to a good school.
Sometimes we don't even know the little things about us that makes our parents happy . I am sure all our parents have such moments . Love em

No comments:

Post a Comment